Tips on How to Meditate:
Using aromatherapy alongside your daily meditation rituals are both relaxing and fun! By using different scents during each of your meditations (depending on the time of day) conditions your mind to ‘this is meditation time’ and smooths you into the session with ease. Light and happy notes can be use in the morning to freshen the mind for the day, the afternoon can make use of more herbal-based notes for a gentle revitalisation, whereas heavy scents can be used before bedtime. You can add the essential oils to an aromatherapy burner or apply an oil pre-mixed with a carrier to your hands before meditation.
I have listed in this infographic three essential oil recommendations during meditation:
- Lemon for the mornings as a top note,
- Lavender for the afternoon as a middle note,
- Sandalwood for the evenings as a base note.
Tip: Whenever possible always buy reputable and sustainable products as these will contain the proper amounts of oil for an effective and long-lasting aromatherapy treatment!
- The Fragrant Pharmacy, A complete guide to Aromatherapy & Essential Oils. Valerie Ann Worwood. 1990. Bantam Books
- Everybody’s Aromotherapy, A complrehensive guide for All Ages. Helen Ranger. 2001. Tafelberg
Picture sources: BioLib Online Library of Biological Books & Wikimedia Commons
Disclaimer: Aromatherapy forms part of an holistic tress therapy routine and is not meant to replace medical treatments or doctor consultations.
– Smell Yourself Happy –
All Natural Spirit